(PLATES, SHEETS & RODS)
BY JAI GANESHSTEEL
WHAT IS CARBON STEEL?
The steel which has carbon in its content up to 2.1% by weight is known as Carbon steel.
According to the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI), it is defined as
- When a there is no minimum content of specified elements like chromium, cobalt, molybdenum, nickel or any other elements are added to obtain the desired alloying effect.
- the specified minimum percentage of copper doesn’t exceed 0.40.
- and the maximum specified content of manganese, silicon and copper doesn’t exceed 1.65, 0.60 and 0.60 respectively.
You can also say a steel which is not a stainless steel as carbon.steel.
Alloy steels are also included in this category.
In any steel when we increase the percentage of carbon content,
and through the heat treating process, the steel becomes more harder and stronger.
At the same time, on other hand the steel become less ductile.
Whereas regardless of the heat treatment, the weld ability decreases with higher carbon content.
The higher carbon content in the steel lowers the melting point.
AISI-SAE STANDARD CARBON STEEL
|Class||Hot Rolled Steel|
|Category||Hot Work Tool Steel|
U.S AISI 1038,1040,1042.1045Germany DIN C45,CK55,CK45,CK75,C67
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATIONS OF THE CARBON STEEL?
It is widely use in the industrial applications like:-
- Connecting rods
- Guide rods
- Hydraulic clamps etc.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF CARBON STEEL?
On the basis of carbon content, there are four types of carbon steels:-
- Low Carbon Steel or Mild Steel (It contains 0.05% to 0.30% C. It is good in machining and easy to shape).
- Medium Carbon Steel (It contains 0.30% to 0.60% C. It is ductile and has good wear resistance properties than low carbon steel).
- High Carbon Steel (It contains 0.60% to 0.96% C. It is very hard and strong material. It is generally use for making spring and wire).
- Ultra High Carbon Steel (It contains 1.25% to 2.0% C. Steels that can be tempered to great hardness).
WHAT IS THE CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF THIS STEEL?
The chemical composition of the steel is:-
WHAT ARE THE PHYSICAL PROPERTIES?
The physical properties of the steel is as:-
WHAT ABOUT THE MACHINE ABILITY?
In normal as well as in the hot rolled condition, it has good machine ability like:-
OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS ARE:-
- P20 TOOL STEEL PLATES
- STEEL FLATS
- C45 PLASTIC MOULD STEEL PLATE
- HIGH HARDNESS STEEL P20
- STAVEX ESR ROUND BAR
- SAILMA 350 – STEEL PLATES
- H21 HOT DIE STEEL FLATS
- H13 HOT DIE STEEL
- PLASTIC MOULD STEEL DIN1.2311
- P20 STEEL 1.2738
- PLASTIC MOULD STEEL SQUARE
ALSO WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE OUR YOU-TUBE CHANNEL:- SRIKRISHNAPLASTO
In a Word, We are the Top Leading Stockiest.
As well as, Suppliers.
All over India.
By All Means of Road Transport.
And also, Export Through Ship.
ABOVE ALL, WE HAVE CLIENTS FORM DIFFERENT STATES. LIKE:-
|Andhra Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh||Assam||Bihar||Chhattisgarh||Manipur|
|Goa||Gujarat||Haryana||Himachal Pradesh||Jammu and Kashmir||Meghalaya|
|Telangana||Tripura||Uttar Pradesh||Uttarakhand||West Bengal|