D2 steel composition | chemical composition of steel | D2 steel.
BEST SUPPLIERS IN DELHI, GURUGRAM, KUNDALI, MANESAR, FARIDABAD.
D2 steel composition | chemical composition of the steel.
What is AISI D2 Die Steel?
AISI D2 steel is an air and oil hardening cold work tool steel, D2 Steel Composition, Chemical composition of steel, D2 Die Steel
which offer great dimensional stability during heat treatment with good hardness and abrasion resistance.
It is normally supplied in the annealed condition. die steel composition, steel composition, the density of high carbon steel, d2 alloy steel, tool
AISI- D2 die steel
|Class||High Carbon High chromium Steel|
|Category||Cold Work Tool Steel|
U.S ASTM A681, SAE J437, SAE J438, AISI D2.
Germany DIN 1.2379
U.K B.S, BD2
What are the applications of D2 die steel?
The main application of D2 die steel based on the type of required work is as follows:-
- Forming rolls. D2 Steel Composition, Chemical composition of steel, D2 Die Steel
- Tools, Molds for plastic mold industries.
- Punches. D2 Steel Composition, Chemical composition of steel, D2 Die Steel
- Knives. die steel composition, steel composition, the density of high carbon steel, d2 alloy steel, tool
- Shear blades. die steel composition, steel composition, the density of high carbon steel, d2 alloy steel, tool
- Stamping dies. die steel composition, steel composition, the density of high carbon steel, d2 alloy steel, tool
- Blanking dies.
What is the D2 steel composition or chemical composition of steel?
The d2 steel composition or chemical composition of steel is as given below:-
|D2 steel composition elements.|
|Elements||Weight in %|
What are the physical properties of D2 die steel?
The physical properties of d2 steel are as follows:-
|Density||0.278 lb/in3 (7696 kg/m3)|
|Modulus of Elasticity||30 x 106 psi (207GPa)|
|Thermal conductivity||24 Btu/ft/hr/°F 41.5 W/m/°K|
|Machinability||55% to 65% of a 1% carbon steel|
What is the coefficient of thermal expansion of d2 die steel?
|Coefficient Of Thermal Expansion 58-60HRC|
|Temperature ºF||in/inºF x106||Temperature ºC||mm/mmºCx106|
What about tempering temperature of d2 tool steel?
d2 die steel tempering:
|Temperature||D2 tool steel|
|280||150||63 – 64|
|375||200||61 – 62|
|410||220||57 – 62|
|560||300||58 – 60|
|750||400||55 – 58|
How is the heat treatment of d2 die steel done with the right d2 composition?
There are the various process involved during the heat treatment of d2 die steel with the right d2 composition, is as:-
- Hardening:- Preheat at 650 °C – 850 °C raise to 1000 °C -1050°C and Cool in the Air, or oil or into a salt bath held at Hot 500 °C – 550 °C and then Cool Air Up.
- Forging:- Forge at 900°C to 1100°C, cool slowly, and Anneal immediately.
- Annealing:- Anneal at 820°C to 865°C and then cool in furnace.
- Tempering:- Normally three times tempering is recommended. Temper at 150°C to 400°C and cool in air up.
- Stress Relieving:- Stress Relieve at 650°C to 700°C and cool in air or furnace.
For d2 steel composition & d2 die steel, contact us:-
Call 09810710299 for D2 die steel nationwide delivery.
We are the leading stockiest supplier of the d2 die steel.